Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Annelies' focus for "Being Human"

So I'm pretty keen to look into the 'clothing' idea of their second skin unless anyone else is super keen. Me and Lisa also talked about looking into Bacteria as a material so I'm hopefully getting some agar plates from the Science department tomorrow and we can start growing! While I was up there I got shown so Lukemia cells as well which had really interesting structural properties which got me wondering about whether 'bad' cells and bacteria could have stronger potential for structures. Because they are clearly strong and often parasitic kinds of cells they will probably provide a better building structure so I'm going to look into what cancer cells/tumors are made out off and what their properties might be.
I also saw some flowers today that kind of related to the idea of growing architecture. They were just a bunch of beautiful flowers growing out of dusty, dry soil and managing to create something out of nothing. They also had at least 3 or 4 flowers growing off each stem which is a really efficient way of growing. I got some photo's of it to show you what I mean :)


No comments:

Post a Comment